If you’ve been together with someone for a long time, it seems like you know everything about each other. But if you ask the right questions, you’ll find there’s always more to find out. This list contains more than 30 questions – some of them airy, others serious, but all of them great conversation starters.
32 questions to start an open conversation
1. What would your life be like if you had the job you wanted when you were a child?
2. What food is an absolute no go for you? And what’s the grossest thing you ever tasted?
3. What was your favourite year in high school and why?
4. What do you think happens to a person when someone dies?
5. What was the most important lesson you learned from a previous relationship?
6. Which invention would you have liked to do?
7. Which celebrity is living your dream life?
8. Which actor or actress would you like to play you in a film about your life? And who would play me?
9. Can you share a situation that was very embarrassing at the time, but makes you laugh now?
10. What’s the biggest conflict you ever had with a family member?
11. If you could be in two places at the same time, where would you go now?
12. Which question would you like people to ask you more often?
13. Which holiday we had together is your favourite and why?
14. Which word should be added to the dictionary?
15. If you had to make a phone call to apologise to someone right now, who would it be?
16. Which activity would you like to have more time for?
17. What’s the most impulsive thing you’ve ever done?
18. Which present you gave to someone are you the most proud of?
19. Who was your favourite teacher and why?
20. How do you think you’ll change when you get older?
21. Which age do you look forward to reach?
22. What surprises you the most when you think about where you are in life right now?
23. Describe your ideal day in no more than ten words.
24. Have you ever been bullied? Or did you know anyone who got bullied?
25. What makes you feel strong?
26. Where do you find peace and quiet?
27. What did you learn from me?
28. What do you think I learned from you?
29. Who’s the person you can have the best conversations with?
30. Name something you were really afraid of, but you did it anyway?
31. Which character from a TV series resembles you the most?
32. Which birthday was your favourite?
Text: Joanne Wienen – Photo: Alex Holyoake
Our mental state influences our physical wellbeing – that’s nothing new. Yoga,... Read more
Theoretically, the days of your weekend are days without obligations. But in reality,... Read more
At the start of a relationship, everything seems to run smoothly, but after some time... Read more